UPS is making a strategic investment between $15- 20 million to expand its network of technology centres to India. These centres will complement UPS’s existing technology teams in the U.S. and Europe responsible for in-house technology development – the solutions that make UPS a world-class logistics provider with the best digital customer experience.
UPS is committed to domestic job creation through these centres and aims to hire around 1,000 employees by the end of 2025. The first centre will open in Chennai by mid-2023, with additional locations to follow. UPS is rapidly expanding its presence in India with recent investments including:
- In 2022, UPS strengthened its network with the opening of a second dedicated airport gateway in Bengaluru
- Combined with its largest facility in India at Delhi airport, UPS has doubled export and import handling capacity
- UPS also launched MOVIN Express for India’s domestic logistics market, in partnership with InterGlobe Enterprises
- MOVIN combines the strength and synergies of UPS’s global network and it’s 115 years of experience in logistics with InterGlobe’s deep understanding of India’s domestic aviation and hospitality market
- In less than a year, MOVIN Express has expanded to 49 cities and 3000 pin codes in India
On the occasion of the announcement, Bala Subramanian, UPS EVP & Chief Digital and Technology Officer said: “UPS is committed to India and these centres represent our latest strategic investment in a leading economy that we see growing significantly in the coming years. Through these centres, we’re supporting domestic job creation and advancing skill sets through training and development.”