Wonderla Holidays Limited, India’s largest Amusement Park chain has announced its financial results for the second quarter of the financial year ended 30th September 2022.
- Footfall surpasses pre-pandemic level. Achieved 32% growth in Footfalls compared to Q2 FY20.
- Achieved 59% Revenue growth compared to Q2 FY20.
- Bangalore Park recorded 1.91 lakhs footfalls (35% above Q2 FY20), Kochi Park recorded 1.72 lakhs footfalls (38% above Q2 FY20) and Hyderabad Park recorded 1.06 lakhs footfalls (18% above Q2 FY20).
- Double digit revenue growth across units, driven by robust footfall numbers.
- Park revenue was up by 61% compared to Q2 FY20 and recorded ARPU of Rs.1,306.
- Sharp rebound in Resort performance. Highest ever occupancy at 76% and Revenue up by 78% compared to Q2 FY20.
Footfalls for the Second Quarter ended 30th September 2022 was 4.7 lakhs as against 3.57 lakhs during Q2 FY20.
Gross Revenue for the Second Quarter ended 30th September 2022 was Rs.69.7 crores as against Rs.43.9 crores during Q2 FY20.
EBITDA for the Second Quarter ended 30th September 2022 was Rs.23.1 crores as against a negative EBITDA of Rs.8.06 crores during Q2 FY20
Profit After Tax for the Second Quarter ended 30th September 2022 was Rs.10.5 crores as against a loss after tax of Rs.0.16 crores during Q2 FY20.
Half year update:
Footfalls for the Half Year ended 30th September 2022 was 15.88 lakhs as against 12.56 lakhs during HY20.
Gross Revenue for the Half Year ended 30th September 2022 was Rs.222 crores as against Rs.165.2 crores during HY20.
EBITDA for the Half Year ended 30th September 2022 was Rs.117.3 crores as against Rs.80.9 Cr during HY20
Profit After Tax for the Half Year ended 30th September 2022 was Rs.75 crores as against Rs.42.2 crores during HY20.
- Business Outlook:
Commenting on the performance during the quarter, Mr. Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director said “We are back to pre-Covid levels and delivered a strong performance during the quarter. The surge in domestic tourism and the phenomenon of “revenge travel” also contributed to the rise in footfalls. Our performance is reflective of strategic focus on footfall from various segments, experimenting with new areas like Events, Ride Plus activities, F&B offerings and the operational excellence of our business. We are happy with the overall business performance during the quarter and are confident that the footfall will show an uptrend across all the locations in the following quarters.”